Saturday 17 December 2011

Toilet Roll Flower Decorations

   I have seen so many of these super simple and very pretty flowers all over Pinterest and the blog world, so I decided to make some for the Christmas tree, and after Christmas the kids can hang them in their room. They were so easy to make and turned out better than I thought..

What you need:
The cardboard inserts from toilet rolls, 
a glue gun (or craft glue)
sharp scissors! 
Epsom Salts (optional)

Press the roll flat and cut into strips (1 roll should give you 5 petals depending on how thick you cut your strips)



Arrange the "petals" into the shape you want, then glue the centres together (I needed 1 thick stripe of glue to hold all 5) and you can secure the petals together with a peg while they dry.

Then paint. Once the paint is dry, apply a thin layer of modge or craft glue onto the outside of the petals and dip into the Epsom salts.

Leave to dry and shake off the excess salts.


Mine are on the tree today....

Cute and perfect for a Summer Christmas..

Thanks for stopping by 

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook :-)



xxx

 
Photobucket

Linking Up To:


http://clarescraftroom.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/under-christmas-tree_26.html

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2012/12/clay-filigree-ornaments-link-party/

4 comments:

  1. Natalie! These are adorable! Does the salt stay on better than glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danni, yes the salt stays on really well and doesnt annoy me like glitter! They lasted incredibly well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NTS...save the used toilet paper rolls! I love how it's recycling and yet they're so beautiful. I also love how it looks snow crystal-covered because of the salts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anya. Time for me to make a few more...

      Delete

Don't forget to leave me some comment love.....